Monday, May 12, 2014

Veggie Packed Meat Sauce

I'm back on the Whole 30 for another round of life changing eating. 


I made this amazing meat sauce but the best part about this meat sauce is the fact that it is loaded with vegetables. This meat sauce's volume was doubled by the addition of vegetables. Use half save half! 

And people say eating healthy isn't budget friendly? 


This could also be good for sneaking in vegetables for kids, but don't take my word for it. I lack experience in that department. 

I will say I love a good bowl of spaghetti. The food reminds me of home and comfort. Comfort food is needed at times. 

This is comfort food. 

Healthy comfort food. 

Comfort food that won't discomfort you later.



Veggie Packed Meat Sauce

Ingredients

1 lb lean ground beef 
2 zucchini diced
1/2 onion diced 
1 yellow squash diced 
1 parsnip diced 
2 15 oz cans of tomato sauce (sugar free of course!)
2 tsp of garlic powder 
1 tsp of black pepper
2 tsp of oregano 


Brown ground beef in a skillet. Remove from pan. Cook vegetable mixture in the remaining fat. Add 1/2 cup of water, cover and allow to cook for about 10 minutes or until veggies are soft. Add the browned beef, add spices and two cans of tomato sauce. Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes. 

Enjoy over spaghetti squash!!

No comments:

Post a Comment