Saturday, March 8, 2014

Chili Roasted Butternut Squash

Does anyone else have the issue where they buy a butternut squash and then it sits around for um...weeks before you actually consume it? 

I sure do. I will get all excited about putting it into my cart at the grocery store and then the poor squash just sits on the counter all lonesome. Maybe if it's lucky there will be a spaghetti squash just sitting there as well. 

I don't know why this happens because I really enjoy everything about squash. 

I've concluded it's the peeling and slicing process behind getting the butternut squash prepared. Seriously, it's an arm workout...or perhaps I am inept at doing this prep properly. 

Either way, every time I do suck it and make squash I am always pleasantly surprised with the results. 




This one was another one of those. I usually keep my butternut squash very simple. This time I wanted to expand the horizons of butternut squash.

So what did I add?? 


Chili powder. 

Shockingly enough, chili powder and butternut squash make a delightful paring. 



You should consider trying it. 


Chili Roasted Butternut Squash (4 servings) 

1 medium butternut squash
1 tsp of  chili powder 
1/2 of garlic powder 
1 tbsp of coconut oil, melted. 

Pre-heat oven to 375. 

Toss all ingredients until the squash is evenly coated. Place on a cookie sheet. 

Bake for 25-30 minutes. 

Enjoy :) 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberly! Loved this recipe, truly, and have shared the link with friends. Congrats on the Whole30, as well. It's a wonderful learning experience, isn't it.

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I love that you are sharing it!! And yes the Whole 30 is a definite learning experience. Almost a week in and still going strong, but with ups and downs of course. Thanks for visiting! Come back soon :)

      Delete