Sunday, March 23, 2014

Chicken Kale Meatballs

Kale seems to be the "cool" food of the moment. Kale chips, Kale smoothies, Kale Pesto....well I drank the juice and I am in love with kale. I found a frozen package of the good stuff from Trader Joe's and have been trying to find ways to incorporate it into recipes and not just chips. 

Being on the Whole 30, I find myself experimenting more with foods to make meals exciting and keep me interested. This meal did just that. In fact, I ate it for three meals in a row no problem. 







These meatballs are amazing. 
Perfect blend of  comfort and health. 




Eating a dish like this makes me forget about my old Italian favorites. 




Chicken Kale Meatballs

1 lb ground chicken
1/3 cup of chopped cooked kale. I used the frozen kind from Trader Joe's
1/4 cup of almond meal
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp of garlic powder
1/2 black pepper
1/4 tsp of salt


Mix all ingredients together until well blended. Form into 8-10 meatballs. Place meat balls in a skillet with ghee or coconut oil to cook in. Cook on each side until brown. I put my skillet lid on when I flipped them to create a way to "steam" them. Cook until done. Enjoy with tomato sauce (sugar free or make your own!) and spaghetti squash!



And I have to because they're on right now.... 





No comments:

Post a Comment