Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Berry Avocado Chicken Salad



Two things I love right now: 

This time change...hello 8:30 and I still have energy 
The greatness of photo editing that makes phone photos somewhat worthy of a post.

This salad was....splendid. I made a salad better than Panera ...and I do enjoy a good Panera salad. I just threw ingredients together that were available and apart tasted good so it would make since that together they had potential to taste good. 

I found out too that apple cider vinegar makes a great stand in for dressing. 

I may have frowned when this salad was done, because I really didn't want it to end...ever. 

I'm becoming more of a salad girl with the Whole 30. Not that I didn't enjoy them before but not I really enjoy them. 

In short, just go make this salad. You will not be disappointed. 


Berry Avocado Chicken Salad (serves one)

2 cups of greens ( I used one of the organic blends of kale, spinach and other field greens) 
1/2 avocado cut into chunks
1/4 cup of berries (I used sliced strawberries and blueberries) 
4 ounces of grilled chicken cut into strips 
1-2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar (make sure it's organic) 


Pile all ingredients in a bowl and drizzle with the apple cider vinegar. 

Enjoy :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment