Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas

I have an irrational love for Mexican food. I can probably guarantee I eat the delectable goodness roughly 3 maybe even 5 times a week. 



If I eat out it will probably be my number one choice and I will most likely get one of three options (neither of which are healthy): Chicken Fajitas, Chicken Fajita Nachos, or Chicken Chimichanga...

Majority of the time it's the nachos. And they are divine. However, I'm really trying to be better, eat at home more and control what is being made. I had everything for Chicken Fajitas and thought hey might as well make them from home. I didn't really want to do the crock pot (shocking...really it is) but I wasn't wanting to stand over the stove and watch them. 



Hello lovely oven option. 

These were pretty darn fabulous. I made "tortillas" from OMG Cupcake. These were pretty good, still getting used to the texture because they are not like normal tortillas. Not bad but more eggy in texture. 



So go ahead...make some fajitas today. You won't regret it. 



Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas (adapted from Real Mom Kitchen)

Ingredients (serves 4-6)

2 tbsp of Coconot oil
1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
1 large red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
1 large green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
2 tsp of chili powder
1 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp of pepper
1/4 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of oregano
1 pound of chicken breasts thinly sliced.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a 13 x 9 glass pan (you can try something else I honestly don't know how it would work so there's my advice), combine the coconut oil, peppers, onions and chicken. In a small bowl combine the spices and mix thoroughly. Mix the spices and chicken/pepper mixture together until everything is evenly coated with the spices.

Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is done.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment