Monday, January 6, 2014

Paleo-nana Bread

Translation: Paleo Banana Bread



I have an irrational love for coming words and creating new ones. Such as craptastic. It's a key word in my vocabulary. 

Aside from my love for word combining, I adore all things banana. (Please do not take that to a place it does not belong people). 

Banana Laffy Taffy...heck yes. 
Banana milkshakes...twist my arm. 
Banana Bread...one of the top 5 best ways to start the day in my book. 

It's also a great item to eat when it's oh wait....-2 outside. I'm wondering about tomorrow, the time the students and teachers will be heading to school it will be about the same. I just wonder about the school bus students....can our school cancel solely based on temperatures? I guess we will have to wait and see. 

Back to the bread. 



The hardest thing with Paleo quick bread is getting used to the texture. It's not as dense (or maybe I'm failing at something here..help me out peeps) and a slightly different texture. I will say it is significantly more moist than the non-paleo counter parts. Either way this bread was good. 

As in I may have had three slices today good. 



It's good plain, topped with honey, almond butter, what ever your liking. Just be careful and don't over due. That takes away from the "healthiness" of this bread. 



Paleo-nana Bread (10-12 servings) Slightly adapted from here

4 ripe bananas 
3 eggs
1 tbsp of honey
1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)
1 tsp of vanilla 
2 cups of almond flour/meal 
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. 

In a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, mix together bananas and coconut oil. I do this to prevent the oil from cooking the eggs...that would be straight up nasty. Add honey, vanilla and eggs. Once blended add the almond flour, cinnamon and baking soda. 

Once blended pour into a greased bread pan (11 x 4)  and bake for 55-60 minutes. Mine did go more towards the 60 minute side. Just check on your bread and make your best judgement based on your oven. 

Enjoy :) 

2 comments:

  1. What size loaf pan did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 11 x 4 should work...at least I believe that is the measurement of my bread pan.

      Delete