Monday, January 20, 2014

Dutch Oven Pork Ribs

How are y'all?? 

Sorry about the absence. I really don't have a good excuse. I just wasn't really in the "cooking" or writing mood. Plus, grad school started. But I did delete Pinterest...more on that later. So I have significantly more time and I striving to utilize every moment to the best. 

I'm going out on a limb here and saying that you too have most likely been enjoying a bitterly cold January. We are "warm" today with 40 degree weather..woot woot. But there is a winter weather advisory out. I am really beginning to think entire weeks this winter are going to be few and far between. Last week was our first full week back since before.....Thanksgiving. 

Crazy! 

Today I had a pre-scheduled day off...thank you Mr. Luther (and I'm not talking the Protestant Reformation dude)

I already spent it heading to the Jungle, which is always worth the 20 minute drive and picked up some yummy spices from the Colonel. 


I picked up the most amazing smelling spices from Colonel De. I have loved nearly every spice I have purchased from them. I think they lack the ability to disappoint. Good news is for you folk who don't live around the Cincy area you can order from them on-line. 

Sidenote: I was not paid to say that. I honestly believe the Colonel has no idea who I am but I would always be thankful for free samples and or taste testing...cough cough....cough..wink. 

I used the Colonel's Smokey Rub seasoning for these boneless ribs and it made them beyond delectable. 

Yes...you will need the seasoning to make it exactly like mine or you could cheat and look at the spice listing on the website. But seriously for a measly two dollars...just order the spice

I obviously also cooked them in a dutch oven....significantly more fun than a slow cooker. I always feel more like a real cook when I break out the dutch oven. 



Dutch Oven Pork Ribs 

1 lb of Boneless Pork Ribs ...yes boneless...bones still freak me out. 
1 tbsp of Colonel De's Smokey Rub 
1 tsp of ghee 


Heat up the dutch oven on medium heat. Melt the tsp of ghee in the dutch oven. Rub the pork ribs with the smokey rub. You can always use more than 1 tbsp if you desire. Place ribs in dutch oven. Allow one side to caramelize then flip over and cover with lid. Check the ribs after about 4 minutes flip again and cover for another 2-4 depending on thickness. 

Enjoy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment