Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Eggless Pumpkin Fauxmeal

The item I will miss the most from going Paleo will probably hands down be oatmeal. I loved oatmeal. 

Loved. 



Actually, I don't even know if love is a strong enough word, but I am post work brain fogged and it is the only word really coming to mind. 

I searched for the elusive fauxmeal recipes that lurk throughout the Paleo webisphere.  But each seemed to have eggs in them. The truth is I have big issues with eggs....especially the scrambled variety. I gag...a lot. So I knew before trying it if I didn't blend it just perfectly I would have wasted not so cheap almond meal for a pumpkin gag fest. Which would have led to a pout face and sulking. 


I teach 7th grade..sometimes I act immature. I will admit. 



Back to the fauxmeal. By the way I will come up with a better name for it..because that just hmmm doesn't sound as appealing as it really is. 

This is pumpkin fauxmeal. I can't get enough pumpkin this season and honestly I carried it from October to March. As long as it's cold and I am fighting seasonal affective where is the sun by now disorder I shall stuff my face with pumpkin yumminess. No shame, no shame at all. 


I won't lie I am not 100% sure on these measurements. If it's watery add more almond meal. If it's clumpy add more coconut milk. Mine makes enough for two days. Stores well in the fridge  and heats well the next day. I love to top mine with dried cranberries, apple and coconut. 

Since this doesn't have eggs...eat some bacon for your protein. I always love a good excuse to eat bacon. 

mmm....bacon. 

God did very well when he made pig....and Chris Evans. Sigh. 




Eggless Pumpkin Fauxmeal

1 1/2 cups of almond meal
1/2 cup of coconut milk
1 tsp of vanilla
1/4 cup of pumpkin puree
1 tsp of cinnamon 

Combine ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Wait until mixture is warm. Serve. 

Super easy.....no eggs make it so much simpler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment